Our experience with Kansas DUI cases
John W. Thurston and Thomas D. Addair have been handling DUI cases since they first became lawyers; initially as prosecutors and now as aggressive defense attorneys.
OUR DUI EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Conducted countless DUI trials and hearings
- Received specialized training for DUI cases only available to prosecutors
- Completed breath test and sobriety training with the Kansas Highway Patrol
- Drafted alcohol-related laws for the City of Manhattan
- Experienced with all types of DUI cases
- Defended those accused of DUI in courts throughout Northeast Kansas
- Received advanced training in breath, blood and sobriety testing
- Taught other attorneys
- National College of DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
My practice focuses on criminal defense, DUI defense, and traffic defense. I have handled simple misdemeanors through felony cases, including DUI’s, possession of illegal drugs, domestic battery, aggravated battery, and other various criminal charges.
I am admitted to the Kansas Bar (2010); the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas (2010); and the Missouri Bar (2009) (inactive-2010). I am also a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Kansas Bar Association, Riley County Bar Association and the Geary County Bar Association.
I am a 2009 magna cum laude graduate from Valparaiso University School of Law and a 2006 summa cum laude graduate from Kansas Wesleyan University with a dual degree in Criminal Justice and Sociology. While at Valparaiso University I served as an associate editor for the Valparaiso University Law Review and my article, “Protecting the Playgrounds of the Twenty-First Century: Analyzing Computer & Internet Restrictions for Internet Sex Offenders,” was published in the spring of 2009.
Before joining the firm, I worked as a legal extern for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Indiana, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, Chicago Field Division, and the Porter County Prosecutor’s Office. Additionally, I clerked for Hoeppner, Wagner, and Evans, Valparaiso, Indiana.
If you would like to consult with one of our experienced Manhattan Kansas DUI attorneys, give us a brief description of your case using the form on this page. Or call our toll-free number if you prefer.
Addair Thurston Chtd.
Manhattan, Kansas DUI lawyers
900 Poyntz Ave.
Manhattan, Kansas 66502
725 N. Washington Street
Junction City, Kansas 66441